Do you have what it takes to become a private tutor? We’re always looking for skilled and enthusiastic teachers to join our team of dedicated professionals.
If you’d like more information on working for A1 Tutors, then send us your details using the form below.
Our requirements are:
- Qualifications – You need a minimum of a university degree if you are teaching an academic subject, e.g. Maths, Science, English, etc. If you wish to teach primary skills you must be a qualified primary school teacher. If you are native speaker of a foreign language you can take one of our tutor training courses and will be able to tutor once your teacher endorses your ability. We need copies of any certificates held.
- CRB - You must have a clean CRB (police check) certificate which is not more than three years old. If you haven’t got one we can get you screened. Please contact our tutor line 07758 361 516 for more information on the current charge.
- Personality - You must be enthusiastic, positive, patient and encouraging in your approach. Clients usually ask for our help because they are struggling at school. You need to be able to enthuse your students, making your lessons exciting and fun, taking as much time as you need to succeed where their school teacher failed.
- Proof of identity - We need a copy of your driving license or passport showing your photo. If you require a police check we’ll furnish you with a comprehensive list of identity documents needed by CRB.
- References - We’ll need names and addresses of two referees. These must be past or present employers, private students you have taught, or lecturers under whom you have studied if you are recently qualified.
- For our website - A recent photo of yourself emailed to email@example.com and a short note listing which subjects you teach, where you live and how far you are prepared to travel (if appropriate).
- Right to work - If you are a non E.U. citizen we’ll need to see your work permit.